VividGro, LLC is seeking a Director of Product Marketing. As the Director of Product Marketing, you will report to the CEO and lead the development of the messaging, positioning, pricing and packaging for our industry leading products and services. You will oversee the advertising and marketing team to ensure implementation of your plans.
You are a passionate and experienced product marketing leader with a track record of successfully launching and marketing agricultural and cultivation products and solutions. You are creative, energetic and are an effective communicator. You will partner with operations, finance, customer service and sales to accomplish your goals.
VividGro is an Agricultural Technology (Ag Tech) firm that is rooted in energy efficient LED lighting solutions developed by Lighting Science Group Corporation (LSG). LSG has over 400 patents in their diversified portfolio and an engineering and R&D team that has developed lighting solutions for, among other applications, the International Space Station. In furtherance of the commitment to sustainability VividGro has embraced the indoor farming and cultivation markets and is expanding its business to offer solutions rather than just lights. In development and acquisition are Artificial Intelligence (AI), Internet of Things (IoT) and photometric pathogen identification solutions for the industry that can be packaged with lighting solutions or sold as a stand-alone service based offering that automates the growing process.
- Determines customers’ needs and desires by specifying the research needed to obtain market information.
- Prioritizes tasks for rapid and efficient implementation
- Recommends the nature and scope of present and future product lines
- Reviews product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes.
- Assesses market competition by comparing the company’s product to competitors’ products.
- Provides source data for product line communications by defining product marketing communication objectives.
- Obtains product market share by working with sales team to develop product sales strategies.
- Assesses product market data by calling on customers with field salespeople and evaluating sales call results.
- Provides information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts, special reports and analyses.
- Facilitates inventory turnover and product availability by reviewing inventory levels and production schedules with supply chain management.
- Brings new product recommendations by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs
- Prepares return-on-investment analyses; establishing time schedules with engineering and manufacturing.
- Introduces and markets new products by developing time-integrated plans with sales, advertising, and production.
- Determines product pricing by utilizing market research data; reviewing production and sales costs; anticipating volume; and customized orders.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains product management staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Requirements & Preferred Skills
- B.A. in Agriculture and / or Marketing
- 5 – 10 years experience in product marketing for ag tech company
- Experience managing and creating the whole spectrum of sales and marketing tools and collateral (websites, presentations, data sheets, white papers, case studies, demos, and training material)
- Expertise in translating technical content and product information into useful materials for non-technical audiences
- Self-starter. Able to learn quickly, prioritize effectively and deliver results in a fast-paced environment Exceptional written and verbal skills
- Paid Time Off
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time