The Sales Representative is responsible for passionately and expertly educating the market and customers on VividGro products and providing excellent customer service. The Sales Representative efficiently and effectively achieves the goals of the position, department and company. Frequent overnight travel is required.
VividGro is an Agricultural Technology (Ag Tech) firm that is rooted in energy efficient LED lighting solutions developed by Lighting Science Group Corporation (LSG). LSG has over 400 patents in their diversified portfolio and an engineering and R&D team that has developed lighting solutions for, among other applications, the International Space Station. In furtherance of the commitment to sustainability VividGro has embraced the indoor farming and cultivation markets and is expanding its business to offer solutions rather than just lights. In development and acquisition are Artificial Intelligence (AI), Internet of Things (IoT) and photometric pathogen identification solutions for the industry that can be packaged with lighting solutions or sold as a stand-alone service based offering that automates the growing process.
Reporting to and working directly with the V.P. of Sales J. Randy Shipley
Sales Representative Knowledge, Skill and Experience:
- BA/BS or equivalent work experience
- 1-4 years of professional experience in sales representation or retail sales.
- Knowledge of hydroponic, indoor and traditional/mainstream growing systems, gardening practices and methods.
- Highly evolved customer service skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills.
- Active listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Social perceptiveness skills.
- Professional, positive and articulate demeanor.
- Organizational skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Self-motivated and a willingness to learn.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize duties.
- Ability to follow through assignments with a minimum of direction.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must have current driver’s license with clean DMV record as well as reliable transportation.
Sales Representative Essential Functions:
- Brand ambassador to promote VividGro Products to retailers, distributors, and end-users.
- Frequent travel to attend events, build relationships, and monitor/manage markets.
- Outgoing personality in order to connect with people, conduct education seminars, and expand brand awareness.
- Indoor growing systems and practices: 1 year
- traditional gardening practices: 1 year
- Sales: 1 year
- Hydroponic growing systems and practices: 1 year
- Prospecting for new accounts
- Preparing professional proposals and quotations
- Managing key accounts
- Attending industry trades shows
- Sales travel up to 50%
- Paid Time Off
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time